Hello Everyone, my name is Michal and this is my short story …
I’m first and foremost an engineer and like to keep things effective in their simplicity. Nothing better than bullet points:
- Year of manufacture – 1981 in Warsaw, Poland
- Born to fly and travel!
- Spent 5 years in Germany as a child, learned the language, started to appreciated the “Curry Wurst” and sauerkraut
- Grew up and finished primary education in Warsaw, Poland. A bit of a rebel at that time!
- Discovered “Top Gun” at age 13 and been into it ever since. If it ain’t got wings, it’s unlikely to impress me (helicopters, hovercraft and ambitious business ideas excluded)
- Moved and lived for 4 years in Vancouver (Canada). Learned the language, started using “Eh?” at the end of each sentence (very difficult to unlearn!), became a fan of venti coffee cups
- Completed highschool, started university (Metals and Materials at the University of British Columbia)
- Finished a course on entrepreneurship. The seed was planted and was growing for all the years to come.
- Got my PPL (Private Pilot’s License) at the age of 20. Loved my golf – mike – alpha – tango!
- Fell in love with computers, became a self taught C and C++ programmer, became addicted to graphics design and web technologies.
- Moved back to Poland, started aeronautical engineering at the Warsaw University of Technology and Computer Science at the Polish – Japanese Institute of Information Technologies.
- Started to work for airlines, became passionate about aircraft maintenance.
- Got married to a wonderful woman.
- Currently raising two fantastic sons.
- Visited about 30 countries (hard to keep track, but I’m trying)
- Making a life, rather than a living, by doing what I love and spending plenty of time with my family.
- Future? The sky is not the limit (not anymore, after 1903).